My sleep hasn’t been the greatest lately, but I still got to work.
I started with a warmup page, trying to get back to my routine:
The warmup went better than expected, but I can still see where I’ve regressed a bit in areas.
Then I prepared a draft of a design for tomorrow:
Once I got to work I did two tattoos:
Both of which were a lot of fun. Both of which were the clients’ first tattoos. Two ends of the spectrum on size and subject matter, though!
Other creative practices today: 30 minutes of writing in the AM.
What went well?
- Getting back to a well-planned routine.
- Delivering some good tattoos.
- TONS of art and creative time.
What needs work?
- I still need to figure out what my new “floor” is going to be, what direction I want to go in.
- I struggled with a design for the background of the Kraken tattoo, and let my client know. One more session on the Kraken will hopefully finish it off.
What did I learn?
My mind can only handle so much art in a day before it’s “done.” I was deep into some sort of art for 6 hours today and I feel like I’m ready to just…shut off.