Today was unexpectedly rushed. I decided to stay home with my children so my amazing wife could go to register for her classes, and my morning studies took a bit longer than they normally do.
So I went to the cabin with very little time to spare this morning!
I feel like you can easily see how rushed I was during my warmup. It still helped me loosen my shoulder, though.
And I did one 5-minute gesture instead of multiple gestures today. I actually had a lot of fun figuring out the foreshortening on this one and just “playing” with the forms.
Once I made it to work I had the opportunity to finish up this coverup tattoo. I applied another layer of color and added some black and white to increase the contrast and hide the old tattoo a bit more.
And finally, at the end of the day, I worked a bit on a longer pose to really try to get my eye for proportion and measurement trained up a bit more.
What went well?
- I kept the streak going.
- My wife is getting back in school!
- I got to finish up a tattoo that I started about a month ago.
- A longer pose to finish off my day.
What needs work?
- Finding more time to draw on days where I’m rocking the dad life.
- I need to keep working on the barbell that I’ve been trying to develop over the past week or so.
What did I learn?
It’s alright to bend the routine a bit when necessary, just don’t break it!
And be opportunistic when you have some time to spare!