Incredibly low on energy today. I planned some down-time based on how crappy I was feeling, but I also had to say “Bring it on!” to get my baseline habits in today.
The kids…they just aren’t letting me sleep as much as I need to, and I need to figure that one out.
For being as tired as I am today, I feel like my warmup page was incredibly accurate. I don’t know HOW, but I pulled off a mostly excellent set of exercises here. Maybe I need to be sleep-deprived more often? Nah…
And I’m mostly happy with my gestures. The same routine as before — 30-seconds, 2-minutes, 5-minutes.
Actually…looking at them…I’m really happy with them.
They communicate what I need them to communicate, the proportions are fairly accurate, and the “shorthand” I’ve been developing really shows through.
What on Earth happened?
What went well?
- Doing my baseline exercises with precision, even though I’m exhausted.
- Meeting w/ Chris Beaven today. We got clear on what it is we’re looking for in our weekly meetings, and we had a fantastic conversation.
What needs work?
- The space between my PM and AM bookends.
- Remembering the antifragile mindset.
- The face of the long pose I did yesterday.
What did I learn?
I can be successful on my worst day if I stick to my protocols. Consistency trumps energy over time. It’d go much faster if I had some energy, though!