“I wish I knew enough to be a pro artist.”
Age: 19 years old
Education: In college, working part-time.
Location: Eastern U.S.
Marital Status: Engaged
Kids? Not yet
Pets? One dog.
Title: Student / Work-Study
Company Size: N/A
Reports to: Financial Aid Counselor
Tools / Apps used:
- Google Play Books
Interests and Hobbies
- Tabletop RPG’s
- Comic Art
- Fantasy Art
- Indie game developers
Books / Magazines
- TTRPG Source Books
- Uses social media to keep up with most news.
Blogs / Channels
- Mark Manson
- Ethan Becker
- Attends Cons when they’re nearby.
- Exploring new social platforms.
- Part of a local gaming group.
- Fear of exposure.
- Imposter syndrome.
- Work for Wizards of the Coast or another art-focused gaming company.
- Grow a massive social media following.
- Finish school.
- Know “enough” to get paid for art.
- Become a “master” artist.
- Lack of priorities.
- Misunderstanding priorities.
- Financial constraints.
What frustrates me the most is…
- I feel like I don’t know enough to charge people money for my art.
- I’m not satisfied with my own skills.
- I feel like if I can’t make a lot of progress, I might as well not start.
What I want most from you is…
- A shortcut on starting an art career.
You will gain my trust by…
- Admitting your own mistakes.
- Showing proof that your methods work.
- Helping me get started for free (or inexpensively).
- Making your content fun and entertaining.
You can continuously exceed my expectations by…
- Being blunt, funny, and supportive.
- Giving me real value that helps me improve my perspective or take the next step in my career.