Your Halo Slipped – 1
This is the thumbnail I decided to develop for this project and my progress on the more finished sketch. I’m approaching it more carefully than the last 2 projects.
I did another quicksketch session on hands, all 30-45 seconds this time. I wanted to fill a page and see how it turned out.
After getting frustrated with the last painting, I decided to go back to DRAWING first as my approach. That’s what I’m most comfortable with, so building from a solid foundation is my preference. And I did an hour-long hand drawing class as warm-up today before I get into the rest of my work.
Facing Demons – Final
This started to get away from me, like the previous painting, and I had to call it “done” before I ruined it further.
I’m going to go back to some of the paintings I did before the Valhalla camp and see what my process was and how I can replicate earlier successes.
Facing Demons – Rough3
Starting to come together.
Facing Demons – Rough2
More progress on this piece. I’m starting to get at least a little bit satisfied with the progress.
Facing Your Demons – Rough1
Rough sketch for a keyframe design that I’m working on for the Valhalla camp. I’m borrowing composition tips from Frazetta here. Tons of fun to work out the puzzle, the time crunch is feeling very real right now, though.
Black Roses – Final
I had to stop working on this one, because it kept getting further from the image I had in my head. So I had to call it “done” but not perfect. I know there’s no perfection, but I’d like to retry this piece in the future.
Black Roses – Session 6
I’d call this more than a sketch and it’s approaching a final polish. I keep finding things I want to simplify. It’s…satisfying.
Inspiration Board – Facing Demons
I’m taking on a huge project with the Valhalla Art Boot Camp for VizDev. First assignment — create a mood board or reference board for a story of our own making.
This is going to be a project that is deeply personal, based on some of my own autobiographical elements mixed with a deiselpunk fantasy setting.
Suffice it to say…this is a weird project for me. And I’m really excited about it.
Black Roses – Sketch 5
Dropping back to values-only, then adding color worked out really well. I flattened this image and now I’m going to do a paint-over for the last stages.
Black Roses Sketch 4
Much happier with the values now. I’ll be adding color by Thursday.